Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Eclipse


So here I am sitting in my sweaty gym clothes, sitting in my filthy house-posting. What the hell is my problem? I will tell you-Stephenie Meyer! I just finished her third book, Eclipse, and that pretty much sums up what I have done in the past 2 days. And if finishing the book wasn't enough, I now feel the need to publicly post my feelings about a novel....what has come over me? I am sure you could find a zillion blog posts about this book. Why are we so obsessed? Why has it taken over my life? Why do I, mother of three, daydream about vampires? (sorry, not werewolves, Jacob totally bugs). Why do I endure constant teasing from my husband about my obsession with Edward? Stephenie Meyer is amazing. Some may read her books and say "Meh, its okay, not the best written novel ever...." but then explain to me why we are all so obsessed!!!! Madness aside, it was a great book, enjoyed every minute...I'm not so jazzed about Jacob but whatever.....Edward was amazing as usual. I also love Emmett, he is my favorite after Edward. I can't wait until next fall to let my life wait on pause again as I read another saga in Bella Swan's life, she better get over the marriage thing BTW, give me a break. Well I better go find my kids....just kidding. :)

7 comments:

Roney Family said...

I love it that you can read a book in two days. That is amazing. It took me two weeks to read Harry potter number 6. And I have been at harry potter number 7 for three days and and barely on chatper 9. Just seems like the kids either dont give me much time to read, or I am SLOW! You must be able to speed read!!! Awesome girl.

luke & sammy said...

I just finished Twilight and I am dying to start the next book! Edward is pretty dreamy!

Melissa said...

I couldn't agree more!

Alifinale said...

I love that you posted about this because I have been wanting to. I finished on Sunday and I still can't stop thinking about it. I even had a dream about it last night. I am with you about Jacob...she dwelt on that a little too much. And I am so sure she doesn't want to get married. Stupid. Oh I am obsessed and not ashamed of it. I can't wait until next fall, Stephanie Meyers is too mean to make us wait so long.

Abi said...

I will have to check it out. Sounds interesting. Hopefully it won't take me back to a bad Prom where we ate at Tuscany in Salt Lake and talked about Vampires the entire time. It sounds like these vampires are a little more interesting. I just started reading the "A Thousand Splandid Suns" by Hossenini. I have heard that it's better than the "Kite Runner" but it's a little harder to get into for me. I'm rambling.

Roney Family said...

Okay, so I have heard know from a couple of people I need to get into this book! Which one is the first one. I need to get a new book to read. I just finished Harry Potter 7!

Georgia said...

Can I tell you that it fills me with GLEE to find others that enjoy her books as much as I do???

In fact I am taking a small break from reading New Moon for the second time... I am hoping to start Eclipse again tonight...

I am BEYOND obsessing... I can't even figure out why! But... I got to MEET Stephenie Meyer last saturday!!!! It was one of the most amazing minutes of my entire life. For Real! I wrote all about it on my blog ;)

But, I have to disagree... I am sort of siding with Bella on the whole Jacob thang... I am a teeny bit in love with him, alright, make that HUGELY in love with him! But I still love Edward more :) Besides, have you SEEN the guy Stephenie wants to play Jacob in the movies??? *swoons*

~Georgia