Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Deep Thoughts

This is one of those posts that might not make sense because I am writing down my abstract thoughts. Lately, as my 28th birthday approaches, I have discovered yet another pet peeve. I am seriously a grumpy old lady with all of the things that irritate me. Any-who, I hate "growing up". I find it ironic that I played Peter in Peter Pan and I am saying this now. I should break into song! Life is a musical! I hate how people act when they grow up. Serious. All of the time. It seems that friends have some new wall in front of them as they "act" like adults. We can't just say things we used to say or do things we used to do. I am not talking about going out and acting like crazy teenagers (old lady Angie would get so annoyed) but it bugs me when people (when their kids aren't around) say "poop" instead of "crap". Give me a break...I know the word you really want to say. Or maybe when you get together with friends and your conversation sounds like a lame family letter, "Tommy is doing so well in school, they say he is reading on a college level". It isn't the bragging that bugs me as much as the "let me tell you how great my life is because even though I am out of high school I still feel the need to compare." Or asking questions like, "What's your calling?" (That could be its own blog). I have to add the disclaimer that sometimes these questions are asked and comments are made and it is okay but you know when it isn't. I have to blame the TV show "What Not to Wear" for this tangent thought. I watched the other day at the gym and I swear it was about me. They made fun of this girl for shopping in the Juniors section. I cringed as I realized that I shop there too. She hated the experience for the most part. They made her wear "mom" clothes. Turtlenecks, vests, you know the drill. They weren't bad looking clothes. It wasn't the famous mom jeans commercial but "adult" clothes. I CAN"T DO THAT!!!! Is there something wrong with me?!?!!? I can't give up my youth. I will be a mom but I can't let go of my sarcasm, shopping at Hollister and Forever 21, stop watching SNL and Newport Harbor....I refuse. The only problem now is that I might turn into this:




Ang

6 comments:

luke & sammy said...

So I am pretty sure that I like your blog tge best I love when you write down your random thoughts! They are so true. I will have to come visit you when we are in town, Jack would love to meet you!

Megan said...

Angie, it's me Megan. I stalked your blog off Ashley's and I love it. You are hilarious. I think you are the dang cutest mom.

Unknown said...

ngie, because you look so much younger than you really are, you can pull off the jrs section!!
seriously though, wear what makes you happy. live to make yourself happy. screw convention!+
I love dolly parton because when she was little she though women with big hair, boobs and makeup were pretty and she told herself she would be that way. She knows not everyone thinks it is glamour, but she does and she is happy with that. (along with the men folk)

lramey said...

you're my favorite! AMEN SISTA!!!!I promise I will never say poop, only crap in front of you always! Forever 21 forever! And, if I could fit into the jr's section, i'd go on a shopping spree with you for sure!

high five

lramey said...

...set a drift on memory bliss with you....

isn't that part of a PM Dawn tune?

you know I loved them

Georgia said...

Ooooh... don't get me STARTED!

I am FREAKED out about being 27... And when I look at the clothes people my age are *supposed* to be wearing I feel sick to my stomach, and I gag a little. I also realize I probably have the emotional maturity of a 17 year old... I don't think my mind ever grew up, so why should I pretend? Infact, I am rockin' my pig tails and a t-shirt from the jr.s section today.

And callings... eeeek, heaven help me on THAT one. I really really really believe that I speak an entirely different language from EVERYONE else at church... It is the only explanation for the blank stares I get when I decide to talk ;)