Monday, November 19, 2007
So it might be because I have my annual cold and I am grumpy but I ABSOLUTELY HATE the Carl's Jr. commercials. Does anyone else feel completely offended and grossed out by the "don't bother me, i'm eating" campaign? (the slogan is not worthy of capital letters). The latest installment now showing during commercials is the girl eating some crazy taco salad in a truck. Are you kidding me? First of all, nothing takes away my appetite more than chomping. The ad is filled with chomping and dripping, there are no napkins. All I can think about is how sick they are going to feel after they eat the burger that can drop and everything stays in place (see the end of the commercial). It also seems like the actors have weird body language like squatting or sitting with there legs apart, they don't have time to eat their 6 dollar burger at the table they have to scarf it down right then and their and get their big rig all messy and smelling liked processed meat and onions. The voice over is also horrible, I think the female voice is the same girl that does the teasers for channel 5, "next see what happens on the office" (think of a really constipated voice.) So basically I didn't really need a reason to hate Carl's Jr. more, but know it just bothers me.
PS we brought home a new member of our family on Saturday, a cute little Shih Tzu named Lola, pictures to come.
Thursday, November 01, 2007
So here are my Halloween top 10 "thoughts/moments":
10. Feeling like the mom of the year by figuring out Bella's hair for Cindy Lou-Who. I was really worried we wouldn't be able to do it but my years in theater finally paid off.
9. I hate teenagers trick or treating. It is lame. They just need to have a party somewhere where I can't hear their annoying laughs.
8. Eating sloppy joes. I heart sloppy joes.
7. Sophia hated her costume and screamed everytime we put it on but it was worth it to here her say the word "octopus".
6. My body is sooooooooo mad at me right now for the bingeing of yesterday.
5. I loved that I seriously cried at the school Halloween costume parade when I saw Carson, you could tell he felt so cool.
4. I love my neighborhood, we take it to a whole new level.
3. Uncle Kenny's Gaston costume. (Ashley-please post pictures)
2. Starting Grey's Anatomy-finally and I am loving it.
1. EGG NOG-there is nothing better than drinking it-straight up.