Friday, August 10, 2007

California followed us home


I LOVE California, don't get me wrong. The weather is perfect, we have amazing friends who live there, it is ALWAYS green, Disneyland, the beach....I could go on and on BUT I seriously think the state followed us when we moved back to Utah. I know you are thinking...."Seth and Angie aren't that cool, why would a state follow them home?" But it did. Here is the evidence:

IKEA
Forever 21-I know this store is pretty much everywhere now but it has always "belonged" to CA
House Prices-they are not as bad, but give me a break.
Cars- in California we would always say stuff like, "I just want to see a regular car, in Utah you never see so many expensive cars" Now you do.
Air quality-I would guess that Orange County actually had better air quality than the Salt Lake Valley now.
Traffic-I don't care what anyone says, it is just as bad or worse. I would actually say worse. We need more roads.

I am not complaining but it is kind of crazy to move back to the place you grew up and have it seem like the place you left.

That is that.


Completely changing the subject-Seth is one of the Project engineers over block 76 (the crossroads remodel) and I am so excited because we get to stay in the Marriott next week and watch them blow up the Key Bank Tower.....we are really looking forward to it, I think mostly because after the implosion maybe we will see him more.....

Last thing-President Faust. What a great man. I loved his talk last conference on Forgiveness. "Let us remember that we need to forgive to be forgiven."

4 comments:

Roney Family said...

I Know what you mean, CA is an amazing place. So is utah though. There's nothing like family! President Faust was amazing and will be missed. But I am sure that he is so incredibly happy where he is. Loved your blog today! Good thoughts, thanks for sharing!!!

luke & sammy said...

I definetely think you are cool enough that a state would want to follow you! By the way thanks for the news about Pres. Faust- the word doesn't spread in Kansas like it does in utah about that kind of stuff.

Abi said...

I need to read that talk. I have been thinking a lot about that lately.

Marc said...

Rest in peace to a great Mormon Democrat.