Monday, December 08, 2008

is this cute or scary?


so sophia had a pretend gun the other day (maybe that is the problem, why do we have pretend guns, seth?) and she pointed it at carson's head and said, "you're gonna die freak." worse than what she said i immediately called seth to tell him how cute and funny our 3-year-old is. as i contemplated the exchange i realized that maybe i am the problem. i shouldn't think that is funny. i should wash her mouth out with soap, but instead i laugh, call dad, and give her a hug and a cookie. i then go to my room, smile on my face, and write a journal entry about it. i can't help it even now as i think about it i am smiling and laughing. in a few years i will be writing a post about how adorable it is that she is swearing all the time. :) just kidding. (but not about the gun part.)

ps does anyone want to schedule a playdate with sophie?

10 comments:

Andrea Coles said...

I love it! I think no matter what they say until they're around 5 or 6 is automatically excused and passed off as cute. How could you not love that face??

The Gardners said...

I agree with Andrea...

On Saturday, I was watching my 5 and 7 year old nieces play with my aunt's dog and thought how cute it was. Then the 5 year old, Emmie, came running inside and said "Ummm, Aunt Kacey, that dog is humping Kacey" (my niece is named after me).

Then she said..."Oh, and Kacey likes it."

I almost DIED. How does she know what humping is? And did Kacey really like it? WHO CARES??? It was too funny not to laugh at and yes, I went to the window to witness the scene myself...even funnier.

mags said...

dearest ang
i vote for cute and funny. and i need your address so i can send you a braggy christmas card. it's tradition.

Nathan said...

ahh....shoot! gun's are cute, ain't they?

this made me laugh.

she is a cute'n.

Julie Weiss said...

hilarious.... Tyler's newest word: "IDIOT!" ... UM yes, I probably should stop telling him to say it again too.

Anonymous said...

I also agree with Andrea...how could I not, I would probably have reacted the same way you did. ;-)

Drop Sophie off any day, Jaida and Jared would love a friend over...oh wait you moved far away, come back!

Dawn said...

That's the effing funniest story ever. LOL!

And, yes, I'm a sailor in my spare time.

--Dawn

Giron Family said...

Oh Sophie. Bet she picked that up from the child watch.:) And probably from my child!
I just wanna know what's in the casserole dish. Looks yummy.

Jared and Niki said...

That is so funny. A year ago Tyler had a problem with telling little girls to take their clothes off when they came over to play. Luckily that stopped, but the little girl he told to strip only meets us at Chik-Fil-A playplaces now. I don't blame her. I don't know where he gets these things...

Ashley said...

Scary. But she can still play with Anna.

How I miss little Sophie! 7 days and we can't wait!