Thursday, October 16, 2008

self-employed and it feels so good.

seth has finally decided to bite the bullet and do his own thing. this has been a long time coming. he will be doing all things construction (he can finish a basement, build a house, etc) and specialize in woodwork (finish work and cabinets), and building custom furniture. (you can see examples in the post below) he has started a blog www.kingbrotherswoodwork.blogspot.com and it will highlight a lot of his projects. i am so excited for him. he is so good at what he does. we just did some wainscot in our home and i couldn't handle how big of a perfectionist he is (you mean you don't just glob the putty on the nail holes?)-it really is a good thing. my house is absolutely beautiful right now and it is all do to his artistic talent. so feel free to hire him, refer him, put a link on your blog whatever...i will even throw in a free dinner if you hire or refer him, for seriousness (a treat for linking:)
check out the blog

www.kingbrotherswoodwork.blogspot.com

ps this is one of my favorite projects he has ever done...he used the existing cabinets (they were that 90's light pink washed wood) and built new doors. he also did the trim work, built the island, built the handrail and installed the floor. i will post the "before" pics when i find them.

8 comments:

Shannon & Summer said...

Yea! Way to go1 I know that is such a scary thing to do is to go off on your own. I have to say that it is always scary...it has been full of ups and downs for us, but I know Sean is where he needs to be and that is not working for anyone else!
Anyway, I love his work and I hope one day I can hire him. I would love to see what he could do with my house!
Good luck with everything! I will definatley refer people!

Ashley said...

Seth is amazing! I'll put a link on my blog. Good luck guys!

Nathan said...

I am linking.... I still have a a lot of readers ( yeah right... he he he) in the Utah!

The house looks fantastic, Angie and Seth!

SeeCampbell said...

Wow, your house is beautiful. Seth is awesome at the things he loves to do! What color is that on the walls? I love it. NO, seriously, what color is it?

The Gardners said...

Wow...Andrea Coles told me that he did this kind of stuff...and I am seriously impressed! I want to utilize his handiwork in my house! We'll be finishing our basement in the next year, so count me in! I'll be linking!

Kacey

racetri.com said...

Let me just say, I got to see this remodel in person and I was amazed! (yes, Angie, I will shout it to anyone who will listen). It was beautiful. And all the furniture and your house looks so great.

Jared and Niki said...

That looks so awesome! He is way talented.

Giron Family said...

Angie, I'm so envious of your husband's talent! I mean handy work talent, I should clarify myself!
I'm in love with all the wainscot in your house and I'm especially in love with "Clarice", your butler's table. I want one just like it. I'll have to talk to you more about it at work! :)
It's gotta be so liberating to be self employed!