Thursday, October 23, 2008

aunt lynda...

i remember the first time i met lynda clyde. it was in my parents basement. uncle bill brought her to meet the whole family and we all just sat there and stared at her. we were mostly in shock because it was the first girl bill had ever dared introduce to us and abby (my little sister) had just told her she knew her from heaven and that she had a fat face. to avoid any more awkwardness bill made a smart move and took my brother, sisters, and i on a hike. we hiked to the top of bridal veil falls and as we sat there looking at the beautiful scene lynda asked us to make a memory. to memorize the moment and never forget it my 10-year-old self thought that i had just met the coolest girl in the world. truth was, i did.
i am so glad my uncle married lynda. what a great choice. when they married i was only 10. she was always so great to me and being the oldest in my family she became like a big sister. after getting married and having my own kids i only admire her more. i love visiting her in monticello. if she isn't running 5 miles, teaching pilates, volunteering at the school, or helping her kids she is spoiling me by making my favorite chocolate chip cookies actually she does all of it at the same time. we like to call her the "crack" mom because she is amazing at doing it all. i love our sloth days. i will go down during the year and we will rent movies and do nothing. actually, i am the one that does nothing and she "pretends" to do nothing. i love visiting with her on the phone. she is a history major and i love our discussions. even though our ideas sometimes differ on things she respects my opinion and we don't get hung up on our differences. i always hang up the phone truly enlightened and feeling a little smarter. she always gives me the best book recommendations and i love to discuss them with her. she is so passionate about everything.
she also has such a great relationship with my uncle. they are best friends...truly a john and abigal.
lynda, i don't know if you read my blog but if you do i just want to thank you for being such a great aunt/friend. you have always been there for me and i am forever indebted to your friendship and auntship. i think abby was right, we did know you from heaven.
ang
ps she also introduced me to arrested development....
pps bill isn't so bad either :)
this is a picture of us on the 24th this year. lynda is in the black and i am wearing the hat (note to self, you don't look good in hats...) isabella and millie (lynda's daughter) are dressed as pioneers (not polygamists) because lynda baked them 5 batches of cookies to sell to people at the parade. mother of the year.

3 comments:

mags said...

bill truly is a genius ain't he? some people think wwjd, i tend to think wwld.

Nathan said...

Great post, Angie. I love it when people thank and praise other people...we need to do it more often, don't we? Thanks for reminding me of that! =)
The part where Abby tells her that they knew each other in heaven and she had a fat face made me laugh out loud--which I love doing, so thank YOU!!!!

tris said...

amen...lynda is every niece and nephews favorite.