Tuesday, July 01, 2008

10 reasons i'm not as cool as you think.

honesty in blogging is a big thing for me. sometimes it is hard to read all about everyone's amazing lives. sometimes it helps me feel normal when i read a post about how someone's kid pooped on the carpet (thanks patience) or when someone's kid wears 10 pair of underoos and carries a purse (you know it, trisdan) or when you have to literally run the stress away (mags) and all sorts of crazy house shenanigans (basement flooding-meg)....because i like it so much i decided i would post about things that are maybe not post-worthy but to show that i am not as amazing with my kids and home life as you all think. its a shocker, i know.

1. my kids are at my neighbors house and it is past dinnertime and i am not really worried about them staying another hour.
2. i went to the splash pool today for 4 hours and only applied sunscreen once (on my kids).
3. i didn't wear any sunscreen today.
4. i watch mtv after my kids go to bed. ("legally blonde, the search for elle woods" has taken over my life)
5. i have an ingrown hair on my neck that is ugly and huge...okay fine, its not an ingrown hair, its a zit.
6. i didn't like wall*e. i read a review that said the only people who wouldn't like it would be those who listen to rush limbaugh. i just hated how it felt like a movie robots made about how fat, lazy, and stupid humans are. i am all about recycling and saving the earth but i guess this means i have to vote for mcain. (just kidding)
7. i have kept sophie's hair in the same ponytails since sunday.
8. i didn't make dinner.
9. i showered at 4 o'clock pm today.
10.our basement is flooding (just a little bit) we have a drip somewhere that needs to be fixed.
11. carson was violent at the splash pool today...(sorry dawn and paigey)
last and probably the best:
12.sophia just felt my tummy and said, "mommy, you have a baby in your tummy". its not true. really its not. she doesn't believe me either.
i am not posting this so you all will tell me that i am an awesome mom, i know i am. i just wanted to make sure that this mom sets the bar low sometimes and that's okay.

love ya forever.
ang*e

16 comments:

lramey said...

i always get so excited when I get on my bloglines thing and The King Family Dancers has posted a new post!!! You're my fa-ave!!

I know you're the best mom EV-VER so thank you for making me feel better about my super mom-ness!

Let's get together for reals- loves, lisa

Brett and Shireen Olsen said...

Showering every day is totally overrated. So is sunscreen. And neck zits - I have words for the person responsible for the dirty joke known as adult acne. Seriously, I'm an adult, let me have a little bit of self esteem please! Loved the post! Miss you guys!

mags said...

You win the "best compliment ever recieved on my blog" award! How sad I consider being too skinny a compliment. Only because I recognize (and love) the tongue in cheek. Avery has been wearing the same ponytails for two days also. If you do it really tight after a bath you can go maybe three days. You also win the "favorite post I've read" award. I wait in eager anticipation for your every post. Scary huh?

mags said...

ps (I hate it when people ps cause you think you have more comments than you actually have) Here's to moms who don't freak out!

Andrea Coles said...

I think you're cool no matter what! You give me hope that I can have kids and still be normal and fun. Now you know why we followed you back to Utah... j/k, but we love to be your neighbors (kind of) again.

meg said...

Ang you crack me up! I love this post because I have so many things that I try to hide {like my messy house, I shower in the afternoon OFTEN, and my kiddies are consistently left to fend for themselves}. Let's embrace our imperfections and just be glad that we are happy people! We need to get together--you make me laugh!

Cobilynn said...

You are so stinkin' funny. Thanks for the laugh.
Cobi

Melissa said...

That post just made my day! I might have to do a post like this soon. My list could go on and on and on.

Alissa said...

funny. so true blogs make your life look like a fairy tail. In the summertime doesn't swimming count as a bath? I also thought you were suppose to stop getting acne by 25 but at 35 I have not just one on my neck but many on my face:) but in all seriousness I blog mostly for my children! so I can one day make a book out of it so they can look back at the good ol times! hope all is well with you guy!

Katie said...

Seriously Angie, THIS is why I love you. And, at least you wait until your kids are in bed before you watch MTV! I wish we could say the same!

Abi said...

You crack me up. At least you do fun things with your kids like taking them to the splash pool and are a fun Mom. Its easy to see all of your own faults, but everyone still thinks you are cool...sorry!

Abi said...

You crack me up. At least you do fun things with your kids like taking them to the splash pool and are a fun Mom. Its easy to see all of your own faults, but everyone still thinks you are cool...sorry!

tris said...

I feel like my blog is king of my journal (since I hate hate hate writing in my real one) so I try to not make it to fluffy, otherwise my kids will read it some day and think I was a big fat liar. Ang, I think I might be in SLC this weekend...big might. Are you going to be around? If I come I would love to see you!

tris said...

Ang,

Ignore that last message. I won't be in SLC after all. Let me know next time you are in Monticello though, I'll try and come up.

Roney Family said...

You rock girl! I know what you mean about posting. I am not afraid to throw some poop on the blog. Life is messy and not all it is made out to be. So it's nice to be who you are poop and all.

P.S. you are cool!

Hailey said...

I love your list and you should read www.seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com--I think you would get a kick out of it!

Also, I loved your little Syd tribute.