Monday, December 31, 2007

do you think we will win?

my friend jeanine (seecampbell.blogspot.com) asked me why my family christmas card didn't include me and husband seth and if i chose to opt out because i was prego. no i'm not prego, just a food baby (on a side note saw juno and loved it, but a little advice, don't see it with your parents....my brother sam said after the movie, "i'm just going to walk out of the theater, look at mom and dad, and pretend this movie never happened). anywho the reason the picture doesn't include the parents of the family is because CHRISTMAS PICTURES THIS YEAR WERE A MAJOR FIASCO!!!! first off we tried the whole family when seth's mom got her family pictures on thanksgiving. seth's mom is dating now and it kind of made the picture thing a huge stress because new boyfriend was in the family picture and it just set us off. lets just say seth's face isn't happy. then no one told me i had 5 feet of regrowth and that i looked like a lion. also truth be told the king family dancers look like cancer patients in the winter. its not like i want to look umpa loompa orange but seriously we look like a ghost took our picture. i must say the photographer was awesome we just weren't the best subjects. so after seeing the proofs i decided i would take my kids picture in the "daybreak sled". our community has "santa's sled" and if you take a christmas card picture there you can enter the photo in a contest...
do you think we will win?

we're a shoe in i know...bella my oldest and should be the one to cooperate was too cold so we had to take pictures in our beautiful house i mean a model home across the street so enjoy these pictures in the model home...





despite the horrible christmas card experience we had a fabulous christmas....the kids were excited, the presents were perfect (seth made bella the most amazing desk).....it was tons of fun and great to actually see seth. he is so busy. he is busy with his regular hours job at okland and then busy with his business he is starting with former teammate and friend casey cloward. they are starting a residential construction/remodeling company...so if anyone needs trimwork, cabinetry, you name it-they do it and they are amazing if i do say so myself. the are both perfectionists and very talented. seth dedicated the country song "please come home for christmas" to the kids. we love him and are so grateful for his hardwork....merry christmakah to all!
angie
ps did anyone watch the grinch this season? i am either getting nerdier or crazy b/c it was so hilarious. why didn't i laugh so much the first time i saw it?
pps also the first picture is of bella and bff ella.

11 comments:

meg said...

Hey Angie,
How did you find us? That's crazy but I'm glad you did. Your kids are getting so old, too. What has happened to our free days and China Lily with just the gals? I'm loving the blogging thing just to keep up on everybody...

lramey said...

i love that i'm not the only one that has christmas card issues. Maybe I expect too much from my kids- what with wanting them to just smile at the same time and all!

Love your tries- you'll definitely win!

i'll let you know the plans for "cold chillin'"

peace out

martha corinna said...

Christmas/family pictures are the worst.
I've just had to be OK with not looking good in the family picture because it is more important that I use a picture where my children are not crying or picking their noses then using a picture where I look hot.

hknight said...

It sounds like you guys had a great Christmas! I can't believe how big your kids sre! And how much they look like you! Well the king side a little too! I think you should win the contest hands down!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mags said...

Ang,

Just wanted to say thanks for the card! ours was a fiasco too, so much so that there is no card this year. I posted it on my blog, but I am in the post partum chubbiness, and any way know how ya feel.
ps i love to read what you write. maybe bill has a job for you!

The Cullimore's said...

Hope you guys had a great Christmas! We looked at Daybreak a while back and almost got in there ourselves, but ended up going elsewhere. Sorry about the card, it can be a fiasco getting everyone to cooperate at the same time!

Merry Christmasanukah back at ya!

Derek and Melinda

Amy Morris said...

I can't get my two to cooperate during picture taking, I can only imagine what it will be like with three! I will say, I love pictures like this because you can see each kids personality in them. Your kids are darling.

SeeCampbell said...

Angie, you always look so great, what are you talking about!?!? Greg and I always joke about the mom looking "hot" in family pictures. When he was younger his mom once purchased a family portrait where she looked pretty, but everyone else looked hideous. But seriously, family Christmas pictures are impossible with 3 or more kids. I'm right there with you! Your whole family is gorgeous!

Marc said...

Err... Yes?

Abi said...

Cute! Cards are hard. Patience worked a miracle for us this year with the pictures!