Monday, November 19, 2007

it bothers me



So it might be because I have my annual cold and I am grumpy but I ABSOLUTELY HATE the Carl's Jr. commercials. Does anyone else feel completely offended and grossed out by the "don't bother me, i'm eating" campaign? (the slogan is not worthy of capital letters). The latest installment now showing during commercials is the girl eating some crazy taco salad in a truck. Are you kidding me? First of all, nothing takes away my appetite more than chomping. The ad is filled with chomping and dripping, there are no napkins. All I can think about is how sick they are going to feel after they eat the burger that can drop and everything stays in place (see the end of the commercial). It also seems like the actors have weird body language like squatting or sitting with there legs apart, they don't have time to eat their 6 dollar burger at the table they have to scarf it down right then and their and get their big rig all messy and smelling liked processed meat and onions. The voice over is also horrible, I think the female voice is the same girl that does the teasers for channel 5, "next see what happens on the office" (think of a really constipated voice.) So basically I didn't really need a reason to hate Carl's Jr. more, but know it just bothers me.

PS we brought home a new member of our family on Saturday, a cute little Shih Tzu named Lola, pictures to come.

12 comments:

martha corinna said...

I KNOW! I'm glad someone agrees with me. Do you remember the one with the greasy guy in the wife beater eating the burger in a dingy hot apartment and wiping his mouth with the back of his hand? I thought, "is that supposed to make me want to eat a hamburger?". You've got to be kidding me.
Of course, I think I would be the best advertising executive because I have so many good ideas and I know what appeals to people:)

jenn said...

Eww! I didn't realize how gross I was. I LOVE those commercials! I feel like that all the time. Sometimes the day goes by so fast then I realize that I have eaten a thing. By this point I am so hungry that I have to have something greasy and filling because I start to get the shakes. That commercial is me at this point. I am so ravenous and want everyone to leave me alone because IT IS SO GOOD. Mmmm. Nasty big fat burger with waffle fries. Don't hate Angie. You ain't too good for a burger 'n fries. You're probably jealous because you're not Paris Hilton.

The Cullimore's said...

It is funny you bring this up. My wife and I were just talking the other day about how much we hate the Carl's Jr commercials. They are disgusting!

Amy Morris said...

We don't have Carl's Jr here in Orlando so I rarely see there commercials. But they made me sick. I'm so glad I haven't had to witness the new ones.

hknight said...

That is so funny! You are so fun to read! I'm just not a fan of a burger that's so big you can't even get your mouth around without killing your jaw! Plus how do they cook it all the way through without burning the outside? I just don't trust it!

lramey said...

oh you're hilarious! No, I've never gotten sicked out by the commercials, but now that you mention it, I probably will from now on! You're hilarious!

Haven't seen you for months I'm pretty sure! We need to play!

kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SeeCampbell said...

Angie, I've never thought of you to be one to get on a soapbox, but you really crack me up with your blog comments! Yes, those commercials are, YUCK! But I still like the cow one from a year or so ago. I can't even remember what it was, but it did make me laugh! I bet the kids love LOLA! What fun!!!!

mandy, jason, elle, ryder said...

I love the Carl's commercials! They make me want a big, fat, juicy, sloppy, hamburger. What I love even more is the scene from How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days, when Kate Hudson is devouring her burger at her desk during lunch...scruuummmptious!!!

Marc said...

I gotcha... you were a bigger fan of the mechanical bull and Paris Hilton commercials from a few years back.

Marc said...

Come ONNNNN... great comments DESERVE a response.

King Family said...

Marc,
i'm sorry i didn't respond. Paris Hilton is my idol, ever since she was released from jail she has been a true inspiration.