Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Old Faves



So lately I have been thinking about movies I watched when I was little that I LOVED!
1. The Chipmunk Adventure-this movie was (is) the best! We actually own the VHS and my kids love it too. I remember watching it and thinking I was so cool. I knew (know) all of the songs and would (still) always rock out. "We're the girls of Rock and Roll".
2. Katy the Caterpillar-I need to find this movie. Watching this film was an emotional roller coaster for me. Katy is a caterpillar who longs to see the world and find out what she is to become.
3. Care Bears in Wonderland-the cheshire cat is awesome. I found this movie on You-tube the other day and Bella and I sat and watched the whole thing, even with a crappy picture.
4. Charlotte's Web (the cartoon)-I love this book of course, but this is the one movie that comes close to being as good as the book. I love Paul Lynde as the voice of Templeton the rat, and Debbie Reynolds as Charlotte. I still cry at the end when Wilbur starts telling Charlotte's babies about their mother. I am getting chills right now just thinking about it.
5. Dumbo's Circus-so this is not a movie but a series I watched on the Disney Channel. Good times.
6. Today's Special-another TV series...I wish I could buy it.
That is my list.
The End.

6 comments:

heidi said...

Love the old faves. I especially love the PM Dawn song on your playlist. It's one of my favorite running songs on my ipod, no joke.

lramey said...

today's special- muffy the mouse? jody? what was the mannequin's name? oh yeah, Jeff....loved it!
Now I've got the dang song in my head! I also loved the Saturday morning cartoons- Punky Brewster and her weird cat/furry/weird voiced friend....smurfs, ZoobaleeZoo, Lambchops...the list could go on and on....

Alifinale said...

Oh I love old cartoons. I totally remember watching over and over the chipmunks big adventure. Thanks for the reminder of old goodies that I need to have in my home.

King Family said...

Heidi,
PM Dawn forever! I love them. Its on my ipod as well.
lisa,
muffy was the best, remember her little house and when it was remodeled. Favorite episode ever! Let's have a girls night and stay up all night watching old faves. Love the Punky, smurfs, love Zoobalee Zoo, Seth knows the whole theme song and sings it to the kids all the time.
Ali,
You are my long lost TV sister so of course we love all the oldies but goodies.
BTW, I found this template and is it just me or is the heading too big? :)

Georgia said...

I had a huuuuuge crush on Jeff from Today's Special...

Marc said...

Is that really the best Katy the Caterpillar picture you could find?