Friday, October 05, 2007

HAPPY 21 BIRTHDAY TO MY BABY SISTER, ABBY!


I love my sister so much that I am posting this birthday note. To prove my love I posted a picture that is HORRIBLE of me and AMAZING of Abby. Happy Birthday Sissy. I still remember driving from Monticello to Logan when you were born. Tatum, Sam, and I were soooo excited and couldn't sleep at Grandma Hurren's house. Grandpa tried to get us back to sleep but gave up and let us play with toys and talk about our new sister. I remember going to the hospital and standing outside the door and hearing you cry and Tatum saying, "Mom turned into a baby?!" When I held you for the first time you looked the same as you do now, minus hair. Its true. I can still see it. When we came home to Monticello mom came to my class and you were my show and tell for the day. I had a little wooden cradle and since you were mom's fourth baby she was a little more relaxed and would let me put you in the cradle, like a doll. When you were in second grade I wrote your name on your brown paper lunch sack and you were so embarrassed because my handwriting is funny and it looked like I wrote "baby" instead of "abby". On my 12th birthday we went to Temple Square and I was in the horrible awkward stage (I might not have left that stage) and you wore a sailor dress and a HUGE red bow. I remember telling mom that if one more person told us how cute you were I was going to puke (gotta love the early nineties). I remember when I started High School and you met Syd and said, "I'm Angie's little sister Abby, and I'm dramatic". I loved going to all of your high school events and watching you cheer and watching you emcee the poorly written assemblies with student council. Even though Fashion Team was made for girls who aren't coordinated enough for cheer or dance team those were always fun to go to and laugh/cry/cheer. :) They were good. I love going to Magelby's now and seeing you. I consider it the highest compliment when your coworkers tell me how much we look alike. You are so good at your job and I am always told that you are one of the best, if not the best. Not to mention that fact that you are flying through college so well. I am so proud of you Abby and for the awesome twenty something you have become! I love you! Happy Birthday!
ang

15 comments:

Roney Family said...

I love the new look of your site. Awesome job. And that was so sweet about your sister. Twenty One is awesome. I hope she has a wonderful day!

Shannon & Summer said...

You guys are so cute! And your blog looks fantastic too!

lramey said...

you're so cute!!! Don't you love lil cute sisters that make you feel so old? I swear I was just 20 10 weeks ago! We're still young, and hot- don't worry!

cute background also!

Amy Morris said...

You guys look like twins! When I first looked at the picture I had to do a double take to figure out which one was you!

jenn said...

Whatever Angie. You always look hot. I love little sisters. I can't believe mine is getting married! They are so precious.

Hailey said...

That is so sweet! And I totally remember all of those shows on your previous blog-thanks for the dose of nostalgia!

martha corinna said...

It is proof that you love your sister when you post a picture that is prettier of her then of you (although, I'm not sure that the latter is true). This is why I am not a good sister.

Treidi said...

I wish someone would write a blog about how awesome I am.


sheesh abby you are lucky.

PS-your intuitions are correct. 10 weeks.

Marc said...

1. Happy birthday Blonde's sister I don't know.

2. Yowza... that's quite the banner picture. Melbo won't need her contacts in to read that one.

King Family said...

Patience, Summer, Lisa-
Thanks. I think the blog looks a little more dressed up as well.
Amy,
Thanks, I consider that a HUGE compliment.
Jenn,
You're sister is getting married, What?
Hailey,
I'm glad you appreciate the old times.
Martha,
Thanks, and I know you are a good sister, at least to your brothers :)
Trav,
I knew it, I feel like a psychic. (kindof)
Marc,
I can't help the banner picture, I just used some random template....I wish I could fix it but I don't read nerd.
Yes, its the best Katie the Caterpillar picture I could find, sorry. Okay not really, I was in a hurry.

heidi said...

You are so cute! What a great sister! Tell Abby happy birthday.

Abi said...

Cute! Little sisters are the best. She had a great name. You look so much alike! I totally remember doing show and tell with my little sister who is also 21 and being so proud to show her off!

The Cullimore's said...

Angie,

How are ya?!? Found your blog link on a couple of other people's blogs. Glad to hear life is treating you well. We just started our own blog recently at derekandmelinda.blogspot.com

Let's keep in touch.

Derek and Melinda Cullimore

Treidi said...

i am ready for a new blog it's been weeks!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!