Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Yum

Yesterday Seth was babysitting* the kids. He was in the basement and came upstairs to the kitchen and found Carson and his friend Isaac eating. "What are you guys eating?" he asked.
"Ice cream and chicken nuggets", Carson and friend happily replied.
Seth then turned on the lights to discover that they had dished up their own ice cream and in their little hands like candy bars were frozen breaded RAW chicken. They were just nibbling away. Seth then called me and I called poison control and they gave me the low down that it was probably okay because the chicken was most likely extremely processed.
We made it through the night without vomiting so Carson should be okay-but I am not okay. Are you kidding me? RAW FROZEN CHICKEN?!?!? Two of those words are disgusting alone but all together they group one of the most disgusting combos I have ever heard of. Seth saved the chicken for me to look at and it seriously looked like some deprived rodent broke into the freezer and started biting away at the first item of food available. I think of that scenario mainly because what other than a rodent would do such a thing? This experience will stand alone as probably the most disgusting display I can think of. Just the thought of biting through the breaded frozen tundra makes me want to vomit. I just hope this isn't a reflection of my cooking....

*I love how we call it "babysitting" when Seth is with the kids. That needs to change.

3 comments:

Alifinale said...

EW! Gross! But now you can say how processed meat is a good thing! Shut up you organic Hippies, processed chicken saved my childs life!

BTW, I said something the other day that I was babysitting our kid and BA wouldn't allow it.

Sammy Pow said...

Dads can only "parent" their own kids, they can't babysit them. Same goes for Moms, of course.

At least you know your kid is self sufficient now. Did you ever hear that story about that two year old who lived on ketchup and crackers for a while because the parent died or something. Resilient little buggers.

Marc said...

BA - Hmmmm... sounds like a verbal lesson I once taught you.

McDreamy - You should ask Sloyd about his raw chicken experience sometime.