Thursday, September 14, 2006

"You've got your hands full"

I have 3 kids under the age of 6. Not that strange in Utah but here in California I am somewhat of a novelty. Everywhere I go I get comments. We attract a lot of attention because a)my children are gorgeous and b)I am gorgeous and finally c)my kids can be kind of crazy. I really don't go anywhere with all three in tow. I usually save errands for when my husband is home or just take the younger two when big sister is in school. I don't mind the attention until I get my the phrase, "You've got your hands full". What the hell is that supposed to mean? I guarantee I hear this every single time I have my kids with me at least once. The next time I hear I think I am going to go crazy and just rip one back like, "You have your hands empty! You chose not to have any kids and you will die alone." or "Too bad your puppy that is dressed like a human isn't a human and you are crazy". (I will add a few colorful profanities in-between these comebacks.) Moral of this story: Don't ever say "You've got your hands full" to anyone because it might be me and you will get a nasty comeback. Besides its not even good grammar.

7 comments:

Sammy Pow said...

Yesterday I took a walk with the dog and Emer and someone told me I had my hands full. I just agreed with him, but now that you say it like that I should've said, "shut the hell up truck driver, go get a damn education, you waste of flesh!"

Marc said...

Wow. So many conflicting emotions in this post... Not sure how to respond.

King Family said...

I should clarify,
In BA's case his hands were full, it was a true statement, but I get this phrase when my kids are in the double stroller, shopping cart, ect. My hands are empty not full. I think I would rather have people say, "You're kids are out of control. Seriously, use birth control." At least that is a true statement of what they are thinking.

King Family said...

Or how about when you are eating a big sandwhich? No one comes up to you and says, "you've got your hands full, fatty".

Treidi said...

I'd like to center my comments on the Californian's love affair with dressed up dogs. during my stint in Cali I came to despise maniac dog lovers who replaced human relationships with animal ones.

It's like people were so self absorbed that the only committed interaction they would allow was with an animal. Super lame.

King Family said...

Trav,
I love it! I also hate the dog mamas and papas. You have to realize though that they get a dog because they can't afford daycare, there isn't enough money left in their HELOC. My new favorite thing to do here though is when I see a typical O.C. mom (trying to look like a young celebrity) I want to walk up and say, "Oh my gosh, its Kate Hudson! Can I get your autograph?" You know thats what their going for.

TFL said...

I have small hands.