Friday, September 01, 2006

$


To $- (my significant other)
Happy Birthday! Here are the Top 10 reasons I love you:
10. Lets face it, I really didn't see myself marrying a "jock". But, my goodness, body is A+++. (You're not really the "typical jock").
9. You get my jokes. I get your jokes.
8. The 3 sex trophies rule. (isabella, carson, and sophie)
7. You secretly want to be in a play.
6. "The Pimp Hand"? C'mon babe, you know who wears the pants.
5. You deal with the fact that I always round down with money.
4. We can read each others minds. E.T. and Elliott forever.
3. OCD rules!
2. You think I look hot without make-up. Bless your heart.
1. Ladies, I hate to break it to you, but I married the greatest man that ever lived, you might not know this but he's a really big deal. I am the Luckiest. I LOVE YOU $!
A

PS
I don't get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls
Brought me here

And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

What if I'd been born fifty years before you
In a house on a street where you lived?
Maybe I'd be outside as you passed on your bike
Would I know?

And in a white sea of eyes
I see one pair that I recognize
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you

Next door there's an old man who lived to his nineties
And one day passed away in his sleep
And his wife; she stayed for a couple of days
And passed away

I'm sorry, I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know we belong
That I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

8 comments:

Treidi said...

I'd write a detailed ode to Seth myself but I don't want to heighten your concerns about us sharing man love. Regardless, Seth Happy Birthday! Knowing you makes my life so much better.

Anonymous said...

You are the reason I am any of those things... I love you.

Marc said...

Er... Seth. I didn't want to have to be the one to break this to you, but your Blonde Mama didn't really write that last part.

King Family said...

Thanks a lot Marc. Now Seth knows that I didn't really write those lyrics. He was so proud of me everytime he heard Ben Folds perform the song.
PS he was talking about the list I think

Marc said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGELA BOYLE KING!!!

King Family said...

Marc,
Thanks. I know I already said it but here's another big "Congratulations" on the baby boy! Your life will change, but only for the better. I see your baby looking a little bit like my Carson and Trav's Luke.

TFL said...

Oh crap. I missed my best friend’s birthday. I suck.

King Family said...

TFL,
I think a good way to make up for it is to drive a moving truck 600 miles. Make that a moving truck that can't go past 65 MPH.......