Monday, September 24, 2007

It rhymes with duck.


So on Saturday Seth played in a BYU Alumni Baseball game in Provo, which (on a side note) ended up being a whole lot less horrible than I originally thought. I was worried it would be a bunch of old guys playing the new guys (which it was) but the old guys won or tied or something like that. It was also fun for Seth to see former teammates, and guys he coached. Anywho afterwards Seth and I headed to the Utah College of Massage Therapy to get 2 for 1 massages. The kids went to my mom's and played with the neighborhood kids there. Carson went across the street to his friend Isaac's house. To preface Isaac's family is awesome, we love them. When we arrived home after the massages and playing Carson mentioned to me that Isaac's brother Ethan said a swear word. I badgered Carson to tell me what it was but he couldn't remember. Sunday at breakfast Seth and I were busy getting the kids cereal, making cookies for his home teaching families (we're awesome like that), among other things when Carson yells, "I remember what swear word Ethan said it rhymes with duck, its f*@!." Sophie then repeats the "word". Seth and I have to go into the pantry and hide because we are laughing so hard. It is so weird to hear THAT word come out of your kids mouths. After we regained composure we came out and explained that it is a bad word, yadda, yadda, yadda. Now I am terrified to get phone calls from his school teacher, primary teacher, friends parents, telling me that he taught their kids "the word". My kid is going to be THAT KID.

8 comments:

martha corinna said...

Oh this is good stuff. But yes, I would be afraid, very afraid. I could just see myself trying to explain to my innocent neighbors that really, my child didn't hear it from me.

Treidi said...

Come on... you know Seth swears like a sailor.

Even though you tried to hush it up, You know as well as i do Bella's first words were A** Munch, Carson's were Dirty Bas*^#d, and Sophia's were Hells Bells.

My blog is active agin by the way:)

Georgia said...

Haha :)

It's ok... I am ashamed to say that all my kids are potty mouths, but I can't blame it on the neighbors kids... *sigh* I REALLY try to not swear... but old habits die hard. When my oldest was 2 he tripped in the hallway at church and said the "S" word... I was mortified.

jenn said...

HILARIOUS! Carson is so cute.

Roney Family said...

I am so with you. Reagan and I have a hard time keeping our composure when our kids do something that is funny, but not something they should be saying. It's hard to keep a mean face when there is a smile hidden behind it. Hopefully he will forget that word.

luke & sammy said...

That is hilarious, Luke and I can't wait till Jack can talk so we can get some laughs!

J & A said...

Just tell everyone that Carson takes after his Grandma King. Any of them. He's so cute! How's soccer going anyway?

Marc said...

2 for 1 massage days at UCMT... those were good times. I think my memories of those 2 for 1s are better than Melbo's.