Saturday, July 28, 2007

Happy 80th!



Last week my family had a huge get-together for my Grandma Boyle. She turned 80 last month and all of the family went to Monticello (1 hour south of Moab...kidnapped bride....) to celebrate. It was fabulous. My Grandma is the most lovely person you would ever meet. I can hardly believe she is 80, she is still so "with it" and seems at least 60! The first night all of the adults went to eat at a steak house by Canyonlands. It was really fun. The ambiance really made it a fun place.

The next day was the city parade so we all went to that and Isabella was able to participate with my uncle's "float" for his newspaper, the San Juan Record, (he just started putting it online btw so if anyone wants the inside scoop to the crazy county of San Juan the address is www.sjrnews.com). After the parade we had family pictures and a barbecue, and watched a little video I made about Grandma's life. The Boyle side of the family has always been close because there are only three brothers and 13 grankids so it was good to catch up and chat.

No comments: