Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Exercise

So, I am going to be completely honest in this post and admit that I have never really "exercised". In high school I somehow managed to get my chiropractor to write a note that got me out of PE. I know, pathetic. I have always felt blessed to have good genes. Not anymore! After having my third baby, Sophia, a year and a half ago I thought I had the world on a string. I had only gained 17 pounds that pregnancy. I was so excited after I came home from the hospital to see my weigh in. I was surprised to discover that I had only lost 7 pounds. What the hell? My baby weighed 7'6 and doesn't the placenta and water count for something? Basically I came home gaining 6 oz. No biggie, I thought, nursing will make it all go away. NOT TRUE!!! I didn't lose a pound nursing and now six months after stopping to nurse I am still 10 pounds behind. A lot of people say that 10 pounds is not a big deal, but when you are 5'2 it is a huge deal! I am getting payback for the non-use of my body. So I now publicly vow that I will exercise everyday from now on. Whether it is just going on a walk or going for a run I am going to do it.

(I have to note that Seth and I have been glued to the T.V. watching our new favorite Lost and watching all of the "fit" actors has kind of brought this on.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how she doesn't mention that while I was "sitting in front of the tv" I was also working 12 hour days. Thanks hun... out of sight out of mind.

Alifinale said...

That is why you just don't own a scale. They are evil. But I guess excersize is good. Maybe I should try it. Look how inspiring you are.

Sammy Pow said...

I have a difficult relationship with exercising. Every time I get in some sort of rhythm I either get sick or injured. I've gotta battle through it though, I've been running lately but allergy season is coming quickly here and it comes with a vengence.

King Family said...

Scales are evil. It doesn't really matter. I also get sick when I run. It has been a problem since the fun runs in 7th grade. By sick I mean that I run out of breath and have to walk. I need to do it though, if not for the great physical appearance aspects but for my heart. I don't want to die at 40 because I couldn't get off my a to work out.

Marc said...

I can never get into a rhythm anymore. I'll run four days straight and then miss a month. Sucky sucky.

King Family said...

That is totally me, except I just run for 1 day instead of 4. I think I just need to realize that I am not an endurance athlete and just do some hooked on aerobics everyday.

Anonymous said...

Hey Hottie, How is the working out going? Man, I just dont think I am the work out type. I just think I should have more kids and chase them around. That seems to be an awesome work out.

King Family said...

Patience,
Just keep doing whatever you're doing. You look amazing!

Georgia said...

How in the world did you find my blog? And hi btw. Nice to hear from you!!!

Anyways... I gained 70 pounds in my first pregnancy... SEVENTY! you can officially feel better now :)

xoxo
Georgia