Sunday, October 08, 2006

Words that are out of style

I just thought I would list a few words that are out of style. It is my goal to use these words as often as possible to see if I am a trend setter. Add to the list if you desire:
1.Fine. "Brad Pitt is so fine!"
2.Boss. "That motorcycle is boss."
3.The Bomb. "BYU is the bomb."
4.Check ya. "Check ya later."
5.Out. "Come on Seth, we're out." (As in "let's leave")
6.Peeps. "I totally know her, she is one of my peeps."
7."Let's roll". "Get the keys, let's roll on outta here."
8."Gag me with a spoon"
9."You got it dude". (It just isn't funny anymore, making fun of those Olsen gals).
10."Cut it out" (with actions)

So the last two are totally Full House knock offs. I have come to realize that Full House has gone full circle. It was funny to say those phrases to make fun of the show but now it is played out. Anyway, I'm out. Check ya later peeps.


One more thing, I officially deem, "Stop this rhyming now I mean it, anybody want a peanut" lame and out of style. It is not funny anymore.

10 comments:

Marc said...

That motorcycle is so boss?

Alifinale said...

I never stopped saying check ya later. Does that make me lame? O-Well. I can deal with that.

Some to add would be, "Whoa " -as said by Joey on Blossom - you know since he is back on Dancing with the Stars. And "A'ight" as in - How was your day? A'ight or you could take it the next step and say 's a'ight (sounds like sight but it really short for "it was alright").

King Family said...

McDreamy,
Check ya later is okay I guess because you're cool and you wouldn't say anything uncool. Love the additions to the list. I thought of something to add. One of our friend's wives always greets me with "Hey babe" or "Hey sexy girl"....that's just a little too much for me.

Sammy Pow said...

Chipotle was the word of the year in 2002. Admit it, in 2000, you'd never heard of chipotle and by 2002 you couldn't get a freaking taco without chipotle sauce. Now it is out of style.

I think Sean Rainer is the only person I've ever met who said Boss, but it's pretty cool.

Marc has been working on making the words "nicely" and "choice" happen. It's not gonna happen Marc, stop trying to make it happen.

King Family said...

BA,
The Fastlane adopted "boss" from Seth. Together they are insane with the old school words.....Chipotle sounds like a Rainer word. My favorite is when they call the Scera movie theater the "sticky shoe".

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I think "dope" is out. Like, "That's dope, yo." And yo is out too. It's so Arsenio Hall.

TFL said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TFL said...

“Hey girl.” Recently I was told that the word “Fresh” wasn’t all that fresh. Thanks Ian, but there’s no way I’m taking that one out of my vocabulary.

King Family said...

I think it depends on how you use "fresh". i.e. "That young man was fresh with my sister on their date." (that's lame). I like: "The new guitar is fresh"

TFL said...

You have enlightened me. I have not been taking full advantage of the word. I use it for sentences like “man, those Jordans are FRESH!” Sometimes I will also use it for it’s intended use like, “hey Katie, is it cool if I wear a FRESH pair of J’s to the wedding?” But all along, I should have been using it in sentences like “yeah, we got FRESH at the Creamery on 9th.”