Monday, February 04, 2008

'cause we're cool like that....


Last week Seth and I thought we would FINALLY go to the Sundance film festival..we didn't have time to get tickets but thought it would be fun to see if we could get in to see one or just walk around and go out to eat. We invited Eric (Seth's brother) and his wife Emily. Here are my top ten memories of the day....

1. The girls on the shuttle. So we took the free shuttle into Park City. You park at a church for free and then ride into town. It is the best way to go because parking around Main Street is around $20. Anywho we sat behind these two girls who decided that even though they didn't have microphones they could project so everyone could hear how into "film" there were. I am not accusing them about knowing their stuff when it comes to film but it is so annoying to me when people talk really loud and use all their area of art lingo so everyone will hear and think they are amazing. Here is a sample sentence, "So when I did the beauty shot I really wanted Kurt to do the modeling but James is much more versitale in his stance. Its cool though because I can still use the footage for my portfolio" Let us not forget to add a couple of "I have so much "sh#$" to do" for this _____ project."

2. Our "conversation" on the shuttle". Seth and I were really annoyed so to turn it into a positive we decided to have our own "conversation". ie...
Me: Do you know who I am so excited to see?
Seth: Who?
Me: George Lucas
Seth: Really?
Me: Yeah, I hear that, George Redford, you know that guy who puts on this festival is giving him some kind of award for his screenplay in Star Wars.
Seth: That is rad. He has been so overlooked. What is screenplay?
Me: You know like the way the picture looks on the screen, how it plays out, you know?
ETC.

3. The PETA people. I'm not saying I don't agree with them. I feel guilty when I see them though, because cruelty to animals is the 2nd reason I don't wear real fur or leather. (1rst reason is because I can't afford it.)

4. Seeing Park City busy. Usually Park City seems so dead. It is so much fun to go up there and to see people mulling around supporting Utah businesses.

5. People watching. I have to admit that I wanted to see Scott Jessop stalking celebrities as much as I wanted to see actual celebrities. I didn't spot either but I swear I saw JT, Seth disagrees.

6. Eric trying on the lame hat at the Harley Davidson store.


7. The lame hat I tried on at the Harley Davidson store. (I actually kind of like it now that I see it in the picture.)


8. The swag. Because we are so hot we were stopped and given 2 free cases of redbull. nice.


9. The parking attendent who stopped us and asked for some.


10. The fact that the parking attendent let us take this picture because he wanted a red bull.

Good times. We want to do it again next year but this time we want to actually see a film so we can be like the cool girls on the shuttle.

15 comments:

Amy Morris said...

I never went to the SFF when I lived in Utah (one thing I regret not doing)- sounds like you had fun even if you didn't have any tickets. I would of loved to listen to your conversation on the bus! funny, funny.

Anonymous said...

Angie,

Love your blog!! I saw the link on Dawn's blog.. way fun.

Nathan said...

Angie
you make me smile...
sounds like a fun time...and looks like it. those pictures of the red bull are good times...
now I'm afraid that I'll be on some shuttle bus somewhere some day talking all my artsy wanna be insider jargon and you'll be behind me suffering...
that was a good story!

Shannon & Summer said...

Hey, Looks totally fun. I wanted to go too! I think it would be great to go to one of the films.

tris said...

Ang,
I am jealous...I know I couldn't have kept a straight face if I heard your conversation. I'm usually choking when I'm around you two. So I'm so sad I missed you when you were in Monticello. When is your next month off...you need to come here!

mags said...

i agree with tris, you and seth are so hilarious. there is a tangible spark between you two. one day i want to go to the festival with you and tris and make fun of all the "fabulous" people!

jenn said...

Did you get to see any cool celebrities like Flava Flav or Danny Devito?

hknight said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast, I've always wanted to go up to the film festivle but I never have! Eric looks like he's doing great, I haven't seen him in forever, scionce the last time he and Jared hung out!

Anonymous said...

I met Flava Flav at Disneyland fo' real. I came across him in line for the Matterhorn. He is as "tall" as Angie, I wanted to put him in my pocket and take him home. Then I would have someone with whom to sing "911 is a joke" (Ang refuses to play along and wear the big clock around her neck). He was really nice though, I actually got him to say "yeah boeeeyyy."

lramey said...

oh i'm so jealous that you got to go! I always want to venture, but for some reason, never do! that bus ride is cracking me up!!! Lame people!!!!!!!!!

The Cullimore's said...

Sounds like a fun time. It is funny how close you can live to something and never go...maybe someday!

Melia and Christian said...

Angie????? I just read my comments (i'm a little slow and really new to this blog thing) and found you too! Your family looks like they are doing great! I am glad you got to enjoy Park City - the festival is the one thing people here know about Utah. The story on the bus sounds about right! I will try to keep my blog updated now - just for you! :)

martha corinna said...

Those do look like good times...
I need some of that red bull.

heidi said...

Love the pictures. You should totally buy that hat, Angie!

Marc said...

Well, console yourself with the knowledge that films at the SFF are REALLY hit or miss... half the movies I've gone to see have blown big-time. I actually walked out of two (one of them I was at with my little sister and it broke into a full-blown graphically violent rape scene... we sneaked out shielding our eyes from the screen and gawking at all the old grandmas that seemed to be watching the action intently)