Monday, May 21, 2007

The Cleanse


I am back by popular demand thanks to my one reader, Marc-this is for you. Seriously though I have been thinking a lot lately and have decided to switch gears in regards to my eating habits and overall health. I have always been somewhat blessed to be able to eat what I want and not really feel too many consequences but as I have been getting older I am feeling more affected by my lifestyle. I am tired all the time, I never really feel 100%. I am not that bad but bad enough to make some kind of change. I have been reading a lot of books and finally came across one that has motivated me. It is called "Cleanse and Purify Thyself". It is an amazing book. The author has done hundreds of cleanses. Finally after going into the forest and only living on herbs and fruit for 3 weeks he discovered the perfect cleanse. So starting June 1 Seth and I will start the 4 week cleansing process. It is basically a raw vegan diet. According to the book your eye color can even change with the cleanse. I am going to take some pictures of us and then maybe there will be a visiable change, who knows? So stayed tuned.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl, Hope that goes well!!

Alifinale said...

I am so glad you are back! Good luck on the cleanse, I really don't think I have the will power to do that. You will have to let us know how if goes. At least it is a good time of year to do that, lots of good fruits and veggies in season.

Marc said...

First you got Seth to be a thespian... and now a Vegan?! I've got to say I'm impressed Blonde Mama.

Here's wishing you all the loose stool you can handle. Let us know how the cleanse goes.

Amy Morris said...

Wow! Good luck and happy cleansing!

Sammy Pow said...

You guys are both gonna be sneaking snacks behind each others backs in no time.

Jill said...

I just read over some of your posts and I can't believe you only gained 17 lbs during your last pregnancy. That is seriously amazing! And I know how you feel about not feeling 100%. I have been eating really crappy lately and have gained about 10 lbs this first year or marriage. I hate those 10 lbs, and I hate exercise. I am in a little bit of a predicament. Let me know how that cleanse goes.

ps. I will be selling my bags at the Soel Boutique in the Riverwoods shopping center if you are interested. I am making some new bags right now, so check it out this weekend, they are having a big sale!

lramey said...

Kind of like a raw vegan diet you say? I just threw up in my mouth...But good luck anywho! Come swimming....

King Family said...

So I have to log that I am not starting the cleanse until the second week of June because we are in the yucky process of closing on a loan and moving into a new house. Fun but stressful, I need my real food for a couple more weeks..........